Here is one of the techniques I use to attain the rotting flesh look on cheap plastic dollar store Halloween props.
Supplies you will need:
- plastic body parts or skeletons
- cheap plastic wrap - it doesn't matter what brand
- heat gun or high-temperature hairdryer
- wood stain ( I used oak because that is what I had laying around)
- spray paint ( red and black)
- craft paint (red, black, dark brown, white, grey and green)
First, wrap your cheap skulls or bones in a few layers of plastic food wrap. It doesn't matter what brand. Then take your heat gun and melt areas away until you get your desired look. Some hairdryers may not be able to get hot enough to do this.
Then take your wood stain and start adding a little colour. Color choices are completely up to you but i used red, flesh, dark brown, black, white, grey. On the skull, I added some black spray paint in the hallows of the eyes to add a little more dimension.
Hope this inspires you to try a new prop idea for your Halloween Haunt.
If you like this idea remember "sharing is caring".