Skip to main content

You really should check this little man out

I came across this article that i thought I would share. Simple amazing. http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1203226/Pictured-Incredible-watercolour-paintings-boy-aged-just-SIX.html


People ask me all the time where I find the time to paint while raising my kids. They have been told since they were young that if they want to eat- dad's gotta work. If you want to go to college mom's gotta work. LOL ;)
No seriously, art/craft supplies are stashed in every nook and cranny of the house. I even utilize the kids finger paints for the bath. Shhhh! They are never the wiser if you wash your creations away. I paint at my kitchen table while the kids are eating. I incorporate learning time/ craft time into our daily schedules. While I am painting i teach colors, shapes, numbers etc.
I also tend to work in watercolor and pencil/ink for the majority of my work during the week, I have wrecked to many brushes because of having to drop everything to deal with bubba's, bum's and meltdowns and forget to put them in water so I tend to save any acrylic work for Sunday's as it is my day off from parenting (well at least that is when my wonderful husband makes an effort to keep the kids at bay.) LOL
Also I get my greatest inspiration watching my kids create. They have no inhibitions, no second guessing, just flow.
Just remember that not every piece has to be a Picasso. Use those scraps as inspirations. You can find bits of good amongst the not so good.
You never started creating to get become famous - you started creating because you love it.
I hope this inspires you all

Comments

  1. You made a good point... Sometimes I get so frustrated when something isn't turning out, (like I'm painting a Picasso) and then I keep telling myself "relax, just enjoy, you can always start over". or "oh, well, didn't work, just move on".

    I've also used parts from my unfinished art on new art. Now that makes me think was that old art really meant for this new art in the first place? hhmmmm :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, time. If only I had more of it. Like you I squeeze every moment I can between a full-time job & parenting (but you seem more adept at it than I do). Count me inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Diana and Dan, sorry that it has taken so long to respond. I just havent been around a computer in almost 2 weeks.
    Diana- everything happens for a reason- we may just not see it at the time. So what doesnt work in one piece will find its way into another or will even inspire a completely new painting. Isnt the universe wonderful. :)
    Hi Dan and welcome to my blog. It has taken me a long time to find a balance between my familys happiness and mine. I am just really fortunate to be able to include my kids in my hobbies. And if they pick up or pass on even a little of what they have learned by watching me then my job is done.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

DIY Crayon costume for Halloween

Halloween is my favorite time of year. We spend weeks getting our yard and home decorated all for the night when the little ghosts and goblins come out to play. ;) B started school this year and within her school, they don't do a Halloween per say, they have an orange and black day. So in order to kill 2 birds with one stone, we decided that she is going to be an orange crayon. So with an old t-shirt and a little black felt fabric, this is what I came up with. I think it turned out Awesome! And the best part is that it was a no-sew project. Supplies needed:  1 t-shirt in the size required. 1 box of orange fabric dye (because they didn't' have any orange t-shirts in her size) 1 wooden spoon 1 large container for dying remnant black fabric. I used black felt because that is what I had on hand. 1 pattern for the Crayola font - I used this one Crayola pattern  and made the size adjustments accordingly when I was printing it out. For the crayon label banding, I just wi

Halloween Haunt - DIY Rotting Flesh/ Corpsing prop tutorial

Here is one of the techniques I use to attain the rotting flesh look on cheap plastic dollar store Halloween props.  Supplies you will need: plastic body parts or skeletons cheap plastic wrap - it doesn't matter what brand  heat gun or high-temperature hairdryer wood stain ( I used oak because that is what I had laying around) spray paint ( red and black) craft paint (red, black, dark brown, white, grey and green)   First, wrap your cheap skulls or bones in a few layers of plastic food wrap. It doesn't matter what brand. Then take your heat gun and melt areas away until you get your desired look. Some hairdryers may not be able to get hot enough to do this. Then take your wood stain and start adding a little colour.  Color choices are completely up to you but i used red, flesh, dark brown, black, white, grey. On the skull, I added some black spray paint in the hallows of the eyes to add a little more dimension.  Hope this inspires you to try a new prop id

Sailboat at sunset watercolor painting tutorial

Just a quick demo on how I painted this sailboat at sunset. Colors used: Indian Yellow, Napthol Red, Alizarin Crimson, Royal Blue, Burnt Sienna and Brillant Orange and permenant ink First draw out your image and mask off your sun spot - dry. I chose to use ink as a base to this painting applying it both directly and using it as a wash to add some shadows. Next wet the entire sky area. Working around your sun spot start by adding a graduated wash of indian yellow from the bottom to about 3/4 the way up, then add in alizarin crimson, and at the top work in a band of royal blue letting it run down a little. DRY The sky is not holding the weight I need it to so I wen over it again using the same colors and technique. This time adding a band of brilliant orange along the bottom. Looking better but still not quite there. So lets dry and move on to another area so that I can come back and judge the values. The sails were added using a mix of BS, brilliant orange and indian yellow. D