Skip to main content

From my garden to yours


Good morning all. Well spring has definatly arrived here. It has been exceptionally warm and sunny, competing for the hot spot in the country and we are headed to a record breaker today. :) This little painting was done plein aire yesterday. The little sparrow would have been better but they dont hold still long enough to get a good sketch in. LOL Since putting up our feeders we have had blue jays, sparrows, chickadees, and a couple gross beaks show up. And of course when they do get very close I dont have my camera handy. Figures! ;)

Comments

  1. Spring is still a good sign and your work is very precious for this arrival.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Martine and welcome to my blog. :) Thank you for commenting on my birdie painting. This painting has inspired me to capture all the birds that have come into my garden, which should just about bring me to the end of the year. :) Happy Painting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.