Skip to main content

When being an artist pays off.




We have all heard the old adage - One mans junk is another man's treasure. Well being a student of the arts and an avid yard saler I am always on the lookout for frames/canvases/inspirational books.. you know. Well these are 2 examples of what people get rid of without knowing what kind of value they have. The first one was in a box of about 20 frames i had purchases for $2. We got talking about what I did and they gave it to me for an incredible deal. When i got the box home I started going through it and came across this personal letter from Ronald Reagan - on White House letter head thanking this gentleman for the jelly beans. I think it quite COOL. The next one is a Circa 1918 original photograph of Charlie Chaplin's movie "A Dog's Life". This one was free because I do what I do. I hope this inspires you to look -inside the box- LOL and see what treasures are out there to be found.

Comments

  1. Hi Katrinshine and Thanks for stopping by. Had a chance to stop by your blog and im totally inspired to dust off my sewing machine now. Thanks for that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, you never know what you may find in a box of frames. I also found some nice treasures in a frame. Apparently they just kept adding photos over the older photos and when I took the frame apart... So many great images to use for my paintings. This is my first stop to your blog. Enjoying your work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.