Skip to main content

Sewing For Baby Swaddler and Reversible Bibs

So the past 2 weeks have all been about SPRING. Dont you just Love that word. :D I have got my seeds that I can get started now up and growing. Yesterday I planted a bunch more herbs and bedding out plants. The greenhouse (more of a lean-to) design has been finalized by the man of the house. ;) Working for a lumber yard has its privlages. :) My wonderful husband has also started on my new raised garden bed boxes and 2 planters made from recycled pallets. Ill post pics when they are planted up.
On top of the smell of dirt in the house I also have bits and pieces of fabric laying around. My BFF is expecting again and being a mom of 4, I think I have a pretty good idea of what works and what doesnt. So when I came across this pattern for a baby swaddler from Craft Gossip I just couldnt resist. There is Nothing better than being able to have 2 minutes to breathe when the babies are little. So can you imagine not having to burrito wrap every 2 minutes because the little one has kicked its self free. Whoo Hoo. Up until yesterday they didnt want to find out what baby was so everything I made had to be gender neutral. So going through my fabric bins I came across this wonderfully bright animal print and the lining is a cream light weight micro fleece. I had just enough fabric for this project, thankfully. LOL I used cabbage baby as my model because I think my own "baby- he will be 2 this month" would get a little upset if I tried to stuff him into this. Plus cabbage baby is aprox the same size a 6.5lb 18 inch long baby. LOL
And while I was digging through my bins I thought I would make a few extra large reversible bibs. These are denim (very absorbant and durable) and printed cotton (hides stains better). The fish were my 3 year olds idea. The cut out from the neck looked like a fish, so we machine appliqued it on leaving a 1/8 inch allowance around the outside. I then frayed the edge (love the dimensional effect) and added some hand embroidery for the eyes.
Anyways I should get my day started. It is going to be a busy month with a baby shower, Easter, and a 2 year old's birthday to plan. So until next time. Happy Creating!
Tammy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.