Skip to main content

A new concrete planter head for the garden Instructions

It has a long month away from doing anything creative. I lost my grandpa :( , my baby boy turned 3,  went in for my first surgery, kids started soccer and gardening season has started :D  Well after getting all of that sorted out and my gardens off and planted I was looking out at the Moai statue I did last year, I figured he needed someone to hang out with after the lights go out at night.  So I whipped this guy up. Now off to the garden center while this guy dries. :D Hope you enjoy
First grab your supplies

Wrap with Chicken wire

Attach armature

Start slathering on the concrete, keep adding until it has covered all wire and plugged all bare spots

Ta Da!!! Now let him cure for the reccommended time, Pull out your paints and go a little crazy. Plant it up with what ever you want. Add water and sunshine and see what happens. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.