Skip to main content

Crocheted Lalaloopsy inspired character hats

Thank you Pinterest and all of you that contribute to it. I always feel like a kid in a candy shop when I visit this sight. I was already a crafty person dabbling in many interests, but this site has really given me the opportunity to explore areas that I would have never thought of before, like crochet. Never been formally taught to read a pattern or follow a chart, I did manage to struggle through a few scarfs and a Barbie blanket or two..lol. But since I joined this wonderful site I've learned so much and can sit down and follow both a pattern and a chart with no problems. So this year for all the kids in my life I made them hats. I know you are asking what kid wants a hat for Christmas. Well now I am having a hard time getting them to remove them as they think they are cats meow!  :)

This first one is the "lalaloopsy" inspired doll hat.  SOOOO Cute. I just winged this, as it is really quite straight forward. Basic beanie (I stopped at row 8 and switched colors) This is the beanie pattern i used., 2 small circles, and a couple of curly cues.  Hand sew the mouth, eye lashes, cheeks and button eyes. The stitch in your curly cues (done at row 3).



The younger girls love them. Stay tuned! Next I will be posting the "Spiderman" Hat. The boys freaked out over these. :)

(referral affiliate link- all that means is that if you click on the image, and decide to purchase, I would receive a teeny tiny %. There is no cost to you by using my referral link)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.