Skip to main content

DIY Halloween Prop Mausoleum Markers with Funny Epitaphs for your garage

When you lack a "front door" you have to draw the crowds in some how. So our show stopper this year will be the Mausoleum for the from of the garage. A very quick and effective Halloween project that is sure to be a conversation piece among the neighbors. You will notice that there are 2 empty spots these will be saved for a dead body and an empty spot. 
These super easy faux stone markers are made from 1 inch foil backed insulation sheets. I purposefully used these because they can take spray paint, hot glue and writing. 
From 1 sheet I managed to get 22  9*21 inch blocks which fits perfectly into the "framed" spaces.  Then I lightly sprayed the foil side with black spray paint, this allows a little of the silver to show through, which add dimension. Then I took my oil pencil and added the wording, nothing fancy and not all the same. I did use some stencils for some and free handed others. Using the wax pencil also makes it weather proof alleviating the step of sealing these :) Then I glued 2 magnetic buttons to the back of each block. This makes it very easy set up and take down. 
There you have it Quick and Easy Mausoleum for the dreaded front garage. :) 



















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.