Skip to main content

Serenity - Painting over a Gelli Print

5*8 inch
mixed media over monoprint

With the background already done for me, this acts as a mid-tone in which to add lights and darks. During this painting process, I felt like a sculpture pushing (adding darks) and pulling features (adding lights). I used a very simplistic palette of just Prussian blue and white over a Gelli print strong in oranges and greens, I feel it has some impact with the texture of the print showing through. Thoughts?  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Acrylic Landscape mini demo

A little something I started yesterday 16 * 20 acrylic on stretched canvas. So far so good but I am a little stuck, to much open space in the middle ground, may add a sheep or two or maybe make it into a golf course. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Happy Painting Tammy

Unisex Crocheted Hexagon Slippers

I  found this pattern for these hex slippers on ravlery last year and love the pattern so much I have now made 3 pairs. They are an extra warm cabin slipper.    These are not for beginners because of the adjustments you have to make when making and attaching the soles, but overall these slippers are fairly easy to stitch up and a great way to stash bust your yarn. http://priscillascrochet.net/free%20patterns/Wearables/Hexagon%20Boot%20Slippers.pdf This hexagon slipper has a double thick sole and is made up of 3 motifs per slipper but if you wanted to make them into slipper boots just add 2 more motifs at the top of each slipper attaching in the front and back V and sides.  I did take into consideration some of the other peoples reviews that have worked up these slippers and rounded off the toes on the last 2 rows by sc2tog at each end. Also the instructions were not that clear on the hook sizes for the different shoe sizes, I used a 5 for these pairs r...

Granite tabletops

Well not really I have a fully stocked canvas corner.. but I just wanted to switch it up a bit. In our home we are all about the 3 r's. Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle so when these off cuts of granite used for counter tops were dropped off at the bin at my husbands work he called and asked if I would be interested. Well I am always up for a challenge. These are 2 garden table tops. The black one is in my little corner of the garden and the pinky one is a thank you gift for all the perenials she filled my garden with this spring. :) She has no idea she is getting it but cant stop talking about the one in my garden. I cant wait to see her face.